At Mark Asplin Whiteley we have been supporting the Art of the Designer for nearly thirty years by providing them with a deep understanding of how to achieve the highest standards of Quality in the Craft of Furniture making.
There are three main components to our overall service: Design, Technical Drawing, and Making Process, which may include on site Installation.
Each level of service may appeal to different markets, and will, of course, carry different pricing structures.
....for Private clients.
Whether you want a complete dining suite, a dressing room or a single piece of furniture, we will send one of our designers to discuss your project, to explore options to help to bring ideas to the fore, and to crystallise them onto paper through sketches and notes. Together, we will consider wood and other samples of materials along with images of furniture and styles to help you build a picture of what you would love, or we could explore to extend the boundaries of design into the completely new. The process is completed with 3D presentation renders with a summary of specifications. When you are totally happy with the design we will then proceed to Technical Drawing.
....for Interior Designers and Private clients.
Once a design is agreed, it is necessary to produce the working drawings. It is often the case that a client will know what they want in terms of how a piece or an installation should look, whether they be individuals or more likely in this case, an Interior Designer. We would take our previously agreed 3D renders or the sketches and specifications provided to us, then work on CAD to produce working drawings. A site survey may be necessary if it is an installation and not going to be free standing.
....for Furniture Designers, Interior Designers and Private clients.
The main area of our work is to work closely with highly talented Furniture Designers, to supply them with high quality, timely and cost effective furniture and installations. This work is the bedrock of our business.
Whether we produce the Technical Drawings ourselves or they are provided to us, we will follow the same procedure for manufacture. We have a highly skilled team of craftsmen who do nothing else but craft pieces of furniture and installations. We are proud to have a second-to-none reputation for quality and precision, built over decades, with an appreciation and understanding of the materials and of sound construction that is essential to the commissioning of luxury furniture. Clients are encouraged to visit our workshop in Whitby, to meet the craftsman maker and see their commissions in production. At all stages, we will see you through - from envisioning to realisation.
Summary of our services:
- Free initial consultation.
- One of our designers works with you to arrive at a design.
- Samples and photos discussed.
- Budgets agreed. Design fee paid if to proceed.
- 3D render provided for approval to then sign off.
- Commissioning of the next stage, the Tech Drawing.
- Free initial consultation if new to the process.
- Deposit paid for the tech drawing work after agreeing scope and brief.
- Site survey if necessary.
- Finished drawings submitted for approval.
- Adjustments made if required.
- Sign off drawings.
- Commissioning of the next stage, the Making Process.
- Deposit paid with the order to manufacture.
- Tech drawings given to one of our skilled craftsmen.
- The maker takes the job through to completion.
- You are invited to visit to the workshop in Whitby during the making process and at completion.
- Quality check is usual once the work is completed.
- Final payment made.